The Idox Information Service has been offering a professional information service for planners and other built environment professionals for forty years. We’re pleased to announce the launch of our new individual subscription offer, which allows professionals to benefit from our expertise.
Our skilled team of researchers keep planners up to date with the latest research, policy developments and information on planning and planning- related topics. This allows members to keep their working knowledge relevant and current, and supports CPD.
Now, the RTPI and Idox have come together to offer RTPI members an exclusive rate of £179 (plus VAT), a 30% saving off the cost of the normal rate for individuals.
This has been developed in response to demand from planners to access the service on an individual basis.
An invaluable resource for planners
Member feedback consistently tells us that our service is used as part of their training and development; it supports them in writing and responding to policy; in keeping abreast of wider policy areas which affect planning; and helps them continuously improve their own practice through reading case studies, evaluations and the latest research in the field.
Find out more in our guide.
Individual membership would give you access to:
- Searchable database of planning research resources with over 200,000 records and with 10,000 new items added every year
- Free access to member-only briefings on key planning topics
- 50 current awareness bulletins per year
- Twice-monthly topic updates – choose from over 32 topics including planning, regeneration, economic development, management, architecture and transport
- Free user support to help you find and access the research you need
- Book loans and copyright material are available on request, but subject to additional charges.
What our members say about the service:
“As a university lecturer I find the IDOX Information Service an efficient and easy way to access the latest literature on planning and planning-related topics” Barbara Illsley, Senior Lecturer (Town & Regional Planning), University of Dundee
“Idox provides an excellent service, always producing useful results very quickly” Jason Lowther, Director of Corporate Strategy, Birmingham City Council
If you are a RTPI Member and would like information on subscribing, you can get this by logging in to the RTPI website using your membership number and password.
If you would like more information on our individual memberships, but are not a RTPI Member, please contact us.